If you’re shopping for a business credit card that earns rewards, the Southwest Rapid Rewards Performance Business Credit Card has hiked its welcome offer from 70,000 to 100,000 Southwest points. Cardholders can redeem those points for flights, gift cards, hotel stays, rental cars and more.
This offer is competitive, but you’ll have to spend a lot on the card if you want to earn the full bonus.
You can get up to 100,000 points when you put $25,000 on your Southwest Rapid Rewards Performance Business Credit Card within six months of signing up for it. The bonus is split into two tiers:
- When you spend $5,000 on the card in the first three months, you earn 70,000 points.
- After you spend $25,000 on the card in the first six months, you earn 30,000 more points.
Is the Offer Worth It?
Yes, you can do a lot with 100,000 Southwest points; the points are worth about $1,400, according to U.S. News research. But this offer isn’t necessarily a good value for everyone.
You’ll pay a $199 annual fee for this card. And, remember, to earn the full bonus, you’ll have to spend $25,000 on the card within six months of opening it.
Comparing Welcome Offers
A 100,000-point welcome offer is remarkable but not unheard of among business credit cards. Other credit cards with similar sign-up bonuses are:
- The Business Platinum Card from American Express. This card earns up to 75,000 bonus points, worth $750 when redeemed for gift cards or flights booked on the American Express Travel portal. You’ll need to spend $20,000 on the card within three months of opening it to earn the full welcome bonus and pay a $595 annual fee.
- The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card. You can get 125,000 bonus points to use toward rewards and experiences after you spend $3,000 on the card within three months of opening it. The card charges a $95 annual fee.
- Ink Business Preferred Credit Card. The card has an 80,000-point sign-up bonus when you charge $5,000 in your first three months. The bonus is worth $1,000 when you use your points to book travel through the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal. Cardholders will pay a $95 annual fee.
Should You Claim the Offer?
The rewards – and spending requirement – are large for this sign-up bonus, but it could still pay off for you. You could get value from this offer if your business will spend at least $25,000 on a credit card in the next six months, but especially if you will fly on Southwest.